Brrrr it’s cold in Pennsylvania! That means soup season! This can be done in an Instant Pot, but also on the stove or slow cooker with minor modifications. If not using the Instant Pot, let simmer or slow cook for minimum of four hours. Also add the coconut milk in last and just stir in to heat before serving Loving the Instant Pot for it’s speed and ease however, so here goes:
Watch the chipotle chili powder…less for less heat and more for more spice! If you’re looking to clear your sinuses, go all in:)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 10-ounce cans cans tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-3 teaspoons chipotle chilipowder (I went all in…it was HOT!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- Add 1/2 container or bag of chopped spinach to get extra greens
- 1 – 14-ounce can can full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream whisked until smooth
Sprinkle boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt. Add the chicken breasts to the Instant Pot. Add the remaining ingredients in order, through zucchini.
Secure the lid on the pot. Cook at high pressure for 18 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for ten minutes, then use the manual release. Pull out the chicken breasts and add coconut milk. Switch Instant Pot to Sauté mode and stir to combine. Dice chicken, then return to soup.
Serve hot, topped with garnishes of choice. Avocado, cilantro, jalepeno, etc.