Need a healthy appetizer that won’t kill your waistline to take along to your holiday party? Try these eggs.
If you are an InstantPot user you can boil your eggs using the metal rack and save yourself some time, otherwise, on the stovetop works.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 medium haas avocado (about 5 oz)
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp diced tomato
- pinch chile powder (for garnish)
- Hard boiled eggs (place on metal rack that came with IP with 1 C of water, manual pressure cook for 5 minutes, natural release for 5 minutes and place in ice water for 5 minutes). Or on the stove top…Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Gently fold in tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Sprinkle with a little chile powder for color and arrange on a platter.
*recipe compliments of skinnytaste.com