This was fairly easy to make. You could also cheat and buy Trader Joe’s Stir Fry veggies or some other substitute if time is a factor. Or use whatever meat or veggies you may have on hand.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or use Coconut Amino acids)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1T cornstarch
- 2T mirin
- 2t sesame oil
- 1/2t white pepper
Combine above and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- 1T olive oil
- 1T minced garlic
- 1T minced ginger (amazing find…in frozen section at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 c broccoli or any combo of veggies
- sesame seeds as garnish
- 1 pound of chicken breast (pork or beef could also be used)
- In a large skillet add one teaspoon olive oil on medium high heat and cook half the chicken until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the second half of the chicken and an additional teaspoon of oil.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add in the remaining oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30-45 seconds until very fragrant but not browned.
- Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the sauce, whisking well.
- Add in the broccoli and let the sauce cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Add in the chicken and stir well to coat.