I’ll admit it! I am slightly obsessed with my Instant Pot! I have one really picky 18 year old and within one hour I had Instant Pot Mac N Cheese made for him and Beef and Broccoli made for me! Gotta love it!
So, here’s the beef and broccoli recipe down below. The secret ingredient…Coconut Aminos for flavor and Xantham gum as a thickening agent!
Easy to make and way cheaper than ordering from your local Asian restaurant! And I am sure healthier too.
- 1.5 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2-3 crowns broccoli broken into florets
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (I use Primal Kitchen) or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons xantham gum
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Chopped green onions to garnish
Get Er Done! Directions!
- Thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and microwave in water for 3 minutes and put aside.
- Place olive oil or avocado oil in Instant Pot and press Saute.
- Brown meat in Instant Pot in batches on bottom layer 1 minute each side.
- Remove and put on plate as browned.
- Saute garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, coconut aminos, sesame oil, onion powder, salt, pepper, pepper flakes.
- Add beef and set on manual or pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- When complete, manual pressure release.
- Remove beef and whisk in xantham gum to thicken sauce.
- Add beef and broccoli and stir.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over veggie rice.