My Dad used to grow some big a$$ zucchini is his garden every summer. Somehow, he would miss seeing them and when he did pull them off the vine they were massive. Was never a huge fan. I always found them tasteless and pretty mushy. I like my veggies al Dente for sure! As an adult I discovered zucchini bread and thought well, at least we are getting the nutrients…along with all of the sugar, however.
In an effort to start eating more veggies and finding quick and easy ways to cook, I came across this recipe! And, they were pretty darn good, I must admit!
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.