More Instant Pot recipes!!! I suppose you could do on the stove and also in a slow cooker, but not when you only have 10 minutes! That’s my MO!
A great addition to the pork chop recipe is making your own applesauce. I bought three different varieties at our local Rennigers farm. I also cooked these in my Instant Pot! See recipe below!
boneless pork chops (3-5 chops)
1-2 T olive oil
1 medium apple, cut in chunks
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Using saute function, place chops in one layer and saute on both sides for 1-3 minutes each, just to brown chops and seal juices.
- Peel and chop apple into chunks.
- Dice onion.
- Add seasonings and balsamic vinegar.
- Set vent to seal. Manual pressure cook for 10 minutes!
- Release pressure after 10 minutes.
Make your own applesauce.
1 cup of natural apple juice (no sugar added)
2 T cinnamon or more for taste
1/2 T pumpkin pie spice
- Peel and core 6 apples and cut into even chunks.
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot. Turn vent to seal.
- Manual pressure cook for 5 minutes. Release pressure when done.
- Serve with pork chops.
Add a nice green salad with a make-your-own dressing or some roasted veggies and you’re set for a delicious meal!