I know I know…it’s October 3rd! I am a summer girl and I will grill all year long, yup, even in the PA cold! One last summery recipe to share! It’s going to be warm and sunny this weekend, after all!
These grilled shrimp tacos with avocado salsa are light, refreshing and perfect for ANY time of year! We top marinated, slightly spicy shrimp with and amazing salsa made from avocados, red onion and cilantro and topped with optional cheese.
This recipe is super easy. marinate the shrimp in a little olive oil and spices put on wooden skewers and toss on a hot grill. It it’s raining out, you can prepare them on the stovetop!
- 1/2 lb raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- wooden skewers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: chopped red cabbage, crumbled Cojita or feta cheese
- 8- 6 inch flour tortillas (or lettuce)
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeded and diced
- 3 T cilantro, chopped
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 T EVOO
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 t)
- 1 T EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced(1/2 t)
- 1 t lime juice
In skillet or on a grill pan!
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the salsa and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp marinade ingredients. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Let marinate while grill heats 5-10 minutes. (careful not to marinate longer than this as the lime juice will begin to “cook” the shrimp).
- Put shrimp on wooden skewers. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp are no longer opaque. (You can also cook in a skillet on the stovetop).
- Warm tortillas on grill or microwave.
- Assemble tacos by placing some chopped cage and 3-4 warm shrimp in each taco and a scoop of the salsa on top.
- Top with cheese. Serve with lime slices.
Per serving: Calories 297, Total Fat 15.3g, Protein 11.2g, Carb 30.9g, Sugar 1.9g, Sodium 401mg